Monday, August 30, 2010

PrayerBits for Monday

PrayerBits

A bite sized devotional program
produced by the West Side Presbyterian Church

Monday

Scripture lesson: Matthew 10:39-42 One's focus


Time to reflect: True life is an other directed life. If one's focus is on oneself, is not a Godly life. Even the seemingly religious, if their attention is on their own salvation and their own spirituality are missing the mark.

Moving Through the Day:

What “cup of cold water” can you give to whom today?

Scripture:

39Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it.

 40"He who receives you receives me, and he who receives me receives the one who sent me. 41Anyone who receives a prophet because he is a prophet will receive a prophet's reward, and anyone who receives a righteous man because he is a righteous man will receive a righteous man's reward. 42And if anyone gives even a cup of cold water to one of these little ones because he is my disciple, I tell you the truth, he will certainly not lose his reward."


No comments: