Monday, August 30, 2010

PrayerBits for Thursday

PrayerBits

A bite sized devotional program
produced by the West Side Presbyterian Church

Thursday

Scripture lesson: Jeremiah 1:4-10 No excuses!


Time to Reflect: A recurring theme in Scripture is that if God has chosen someone for a task the can and should carry it out, without excuses. God will take care of their limitations. In fact, those who recognize their limitations are more likely to rely on God and thereby do better than they would have if they relied strictly on their own abilities.

Moving Through the Day: Meditate on times when you need to be relying on God rather than yourself.


Think of one thing you can do to help those in dire straits today. And not just giving someone money. Something that takes sacrifice on your part.



Scripture:

The Call of Jeremiah

 4 The word of the LORD came to me, saying,

 5 "Before I formed you in the womb I knew [a] you,
       before you were born I set you apart;
       I appointed you as a prophet to the nations."

 6 "Ah, Sovereign LORD," I said, "I do not know how to speak; I am only a child."

 7 But the LORD said to me, "Do not say, 'I am only a child.' You must go to everyone I send you to and say whatever I command you. 8 Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you and will rescue you," declares the LORD.

 9 Then the LORD reached out his hand and touched my mouth and said to me, "Now, I have put my words in your mouth. 10 See, today I appoint you over nations and kingdoms to uproot and tear down, to destroy and overthrow, to build and to plant."


No comments: